Thank you for your interest in employment at Epiphany Early Learning Preschool. EELP offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package in a stimulating and dynamic preschool community.
Epiphany Early Learning Preschool invites your interest in the position/s posted below. Please review the position descriptions for application procedure information.
At Epiphany Early Learning, we are a caring community of children, families and educators who draw inspiration from the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy, and who keep our values at the heart of every aspect of our practice with children and families. As a preschool serving children 18 months-5 years, we hold the following values at the core of our work:
- Relationship at the Center. We believe in growing empathy and understanding between children, teachers and the community; teaching children to work collaboratively with other individuals; and helping children build a strong and meaningful relationship with the natural world. In all of these arenas, children and adults co-construct knowledge and build curriculum together.
- Children as Capable and Deserving of Respect. We hold an image of the child as strong and competent. We trust each child in our care to be an active participant in his or her own educational experience.
- Learning Through Play. We believe that children have the right to learn within a context of exploration and play and do everything we can to protect what we see as the essential elements of childhood - long stretches of uninterrupted time, open-ended materials, real and meaningful work, and plenty of time in the natural world; all explored through play.
- Social Justice. We value cultural relevancy and anti-bias learning and believe that it is essential to continue our own individual and collective professional development as an organization committed to undoing institutionalized racism.
- Teachers as Researchers. Teachers are life-long learners and valued resources. Children, families and the field as a whole, benefit when teachers are given regular opportunities to continue to grow professionally and contribute to the field in turn.
OUR EDUCATORS – Join Our Community!
We are seeking a passionate, reflective, collaborative teacher to work on our Madrona Campus. We seek educators who approach their daily work with joy and reflection, seek true partnership with families, and delight in side-by-side work with children and co-teachers. The most competitive candidates will have experience with emergent curriculum, documentation of children's learning, anti-bias and culturally-relevant practices, formal education in the field of early childhood education and three or more years of experience working with 18 month-5 year old children. We value diversity and what this brings to our lives. All are welcome and encouraged to apply! The position is available immediately.
Starting salary range is commensurate with experience and education. We offer an excellent benefits package including health/dental/optical insurance, three weeks vacation in the first year, Metro Orca bus pass, generous leave accrual, paid sick leave, short-term disability, extensive on-site professional development opportunities (weekly planning and team meetings, side-by-side mentor teacher support, two weeks of in-service days and monthly all staff trainings) and a matching retirement plan after 12 months of employment.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Julie Bisson, Director, Epiphany Early Learning Preschool.